Saturday, May 14, 2011

Just One More

Love this time of year – the sun starts shining well into the evening, there are a few days here and there that don’t have any rain, and the bike comes out of the garage. What I also love is every bikers enthusiasm for this time of year. It’s like a bear that hibernates all winter is finally coming out of its cave and ready to roar – oh man I love to hear the roar of the pipes. Something that also has caught my eye is the fact that bikes start going up for sale like crazy. I was looking at craigslist and I went through almost 2 pages of bike gear posting in just the last 24 hours – during the winter there may only be a couple pages for the last week. It’s incredible to see all the bikes and knowing that these are going to be going to new homes and out with me on the road this summer. It also makes me understand more fully the line I heard last year when someone asked how many bikes should a person have – the answer was, just one more. I won’t be buying a new bike this year that’s for sure – but I love looking and maybe someday I can get my first, “Just one more.”

Keep the shinny side up and enjoy the ride – I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment