Sunday, March 13, 2011

Isaac's Birthday







So my son turned 4 this past week. I'm so impressed with him. Everything that he's able to do and the things that he enjoys. A lot of them of course are influenced by his mother and I. Daddy (and Papa) love to fish. He's been wanting a fishing pole for a while. I figured 4 was old enough for him to break his first one - so I went out and bought one.



I had given it to him on Saturday but we didn't use it till it his birthday. He really wanted to go out and luckily I only had one class that day so I took him out and showed him the ropes - in the back yard.
What I was really amazed with though is who well he got it. True - it was in the back yard with a plastic fish. But he could cast it out most of the time... probably better than I did my first time and I was much older when I learned.


He now can't wait to go fishing for real. So we're going to be going in April when fishing season opens. I think it'll be a blast. Hopefully he'll have more success - I still haven't caught anything that I could really eat - unless you count catching I do at Safeway on the way home from fishing.
Congrats on being 4 buddy. I love you.




1 comment:

  1. It is hard to believe we have a 4 year old. I'm so proud of him and his determination to learn and do everything right! Thanks for being such an amazing father!

    ReplyDelete