Thursday, April 21, 2011

Accomplishments

It should probably go without saying, that the more we accomplish the better we feel. That however is something I was reminded of this week. Last quarter going to school I had some success in the class room and that really fed off it's self. It only related to school though. This quarter has been the same. I feel like I'm doing well in school but it's not really positively impacting my life in other ways.

This past weekend though I had a great experience. I found a Rainbow Play system on Craigslist and was able to get a great deal on it. Of course the catch was that I had to disassemble it at it's current residence and then reassemble it for my boys at our house. It was a lot of work since I was pretty much on my own. About 15 hours total of carefully tearing it down and then rebuilding it. When I was done though I had a finished product that I was extremely happy with. I had something that I could look at and watch the boys play on and it made me feel that I had done good work.


It also transferred to another area of my life - or at least the idea did. In my job quality is very important but so is quantity - the faster you can finish a task the more people you can help - so it's a balance. I haven't always been the fastest at my job. This week though I've thought a lot about seeing a result and being happy with it. I have counted how many items I'm able to do during my shift and really tried to make a great effort to improve this week and I have.


This feeling of Accomplishment at home and at work has made me feel even better about school - although it's also reinforced that there has to be balance. I need to make sure that I am trying hard in all aspects of my life and sometimes back off of one to focus on another.


I know I'm a lucky man and have a great life - this week, I'm even feeling like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment