Friday, April 29, 2011

Royality



Sonya and I watched the Royal Wedding today of Prince William and Kate Middleton. I really only got interested in it about 3 days ago when they started posting who all was going to be there and about the procession that was going to take place. I really like History - especially when I get a chance to see something that is rare. Seeing a marriage of two people that could be the King and Queen someday seemed like a big enough deal to lose a little sleep over.



I was not disappointed at all. I loved watching the crowds react to all the cars driving to the Abby and the roar when they got out. The wedding itself was wonderful. I loved hearing the "sermons" that were given - it surprised me to hear so much that I understood - it made their religion not seem as different from my own as I know there is. A lot of beliefs concerning marriage are dead on with how I feel.



I thought it funny when they said the Richer or Poorer part - you could see the princess giggle - I don't think poorer is in her future and she knows it.



Watching the ride back to the palace was the most touching for me - both William and Kate were smiling so big and just seemed to be thrilled for this to be "over." The kiss on the balcony was sweet - at least the second time around. I respect William for not liking the PDA so much. He is a royal and as much as it might have been cute to see them really kiss - it would have opened him up and that's not something dignitaries should do.



I really enjoyed it - I for one and grateful that we do not have a King and a Queen - but seeing how another country operates with one was a great experience. One I won't soon forget - now if I could only find time today for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment