Friday, June 26, 2009

Day Two of the Buchanan Family Reunion.

Today was a great day at the reunion. I didn't participate in all the activities and so since it's my blog I'm just going to have down what I did.
We slept in till past 9am. How often do we get our two kids to sleep in past 7? Like never - so this was great, even though it made us miss breakfast.
We got there to watch the end of The Price is Right. They even had a Plinko board - I love that game.
We then had a class while the kids did their own activity. Our class was based on the book, "The Five Love Languages." Sonya and I have read that book as a couple before but it was great to have a class about it as a family and learn from other couples. As I mentioned yesterday a lot of our family have kids the same or close to the same age as our kids so It was meaningful to us to hear others our same age and situation having issues and working through them.
I played in the Ping-Pong tournament. I won my first two matches and then got smoked by the eventual champ Mark.
The evening program got moved into the garage since a storm was coming. It was a great time and in typical Buchanan Family Tradition - it was more of a testimony meeting than anything. These meetings are always so good because you can feel the spirit and the love in the room. Tonight Britt asked us to tell What it meant to be a Buchanan?
It means a lot to me to be a Buchanan. I was not born a Buchanan but I am one. I am so proud to have that name and to be passing that on to my children. I love that when we come that we feel that we never left. We haven't been here for three years and yet as soon as we got there people came up to us and were happy to see us. It felt great. I love being a Buchanan and I love the family that means I'm a part of.
Tomorrow is the last day. It'll be sad to have it over just because it'll probably be a couple years before we make it back again. But it was well worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment