Saturday, June 20, 2009

FIRST REAL POST

To explain - I intended to remove the two previous posts from yesterday. It was Sonya teaching me how to Blog. I've never done this before but I've always loved the way she keeps our family blog, Team Buchanan.

I want my blog to be all about me and it will be. What anyone who follows it will realize is that I am all about my family. My wife and my two boys are my entire world. Everything I do is for them. I have worked two jobs since my first son was born. I really didn't mind but it took a toll on my relationship with my family, the ones I thought I was doing it for. I quit that about 2-3 months ago now (except for this weekend-but this is different, I'll explain later).

With that job quit we had made all these plans for a great summer. Then we found a great way to ruin all of that. We started looking into buying a house - but the only things that we could find in our price range was not something we wanted to live in. I remembered about a program called Northwest Housing Development. It's a sweat equity program where you and a co-op build each others homes. Bottom line is we applied and got approved. We start building next month in Graham, WA. We are really excited but it will be a lot of work for about a year. We are required to put in 35 hours between the two of us. Most of that will fall on me since we need to have someone to watch the kids. My mom and Kelly have volunteered to help with that as well which will be really nice.

OK I got off on a side note but that's what we're doing right now.

I'm married to the lovely Sonya Rae Buchanan. We've been married almost 5 years now. We met online at LDSMingle.com. We got engaged in my Primary Class I was teaching at the time. We've had our ups and downs but I read a great quote the other day that sums up my feelings on marriage,
"Almost no one is foolish enough to imagine that he automatically deserves great success in any field of activity; yet almost everyone believes that he automatically deserves success in Marriage." -Sydney J Harris


As I said before we have two boys, the first is Isaac, or Ace as we wanted to call him. He's our number one - our first - our Ace! He's now two and although like most two year olds who can't make up their minds if they are happy, sad, frustrated, mad, tired or hungry; he's a great child to have in our home. He's so loving to all of us - Gary's pushing down aside of course. He loves everything boy. He loves watching any sport with his daddy. He loves cars and airplanes and firetrucks. He loves the movie CARS (As do I, I cry at the end every time I watch it which is about once a week, he's closer to every day poor Sonya)



Gary is our second child and he has been such a blessing to have. Such a relief in that he still takes 3 naps or more most days. He just loves to be held, blessing and curse of course for a Mother who's trying to get things done during the day. He just took his first steps about a week ago. He's learning quickly from his big brother how to act and everything to do. His smile is just infectious. A Godsend for sure.
That's me, that's my family and that's my first real post. You'll soon notice if haven't already I'm often long winded. What a great forum for that huh? I think so. Hope all of you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment