Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Short Term Goal (Assignment)

We were assigned a letter in class to write about short term goals that the instructor had us come up with. Intially I thought it mine was going to be just showing up for all my classes. But that's kind of my problem at work right now is I feel sometimes like I just show up. I wanted to strech my self - so below is my letter.


Dear Greg,
I’ve been thinking about my goals and I’ve decided I intend to turn in every assignment on time for my three classes this quarter.
By March 15, 2011
The reasons I want to accomplish this goal are
- I believe that was what has held me back in the past. I believe that I am smart enough to do well in college but it has been the lack of effort that has prohibited me from succeeding.
- I need to get an A or B in every class in order to be fully reimbursed by State Farm, my employer. Missing or late assignments will hurt my chances at getting those grades.
- I am motivated by success. In the past when I would miss even one assignment I would become discouraged. I didn’t want to go back and I’d start missing classes and even more assignment. Success will feed off itself with me.
- By turning in every assignment and making a big deal about it I’m able to talk to family and coworkers about what I’m doing on almost a daily basis. Because I’m sharing my successes with them it’s making me more accountable because their beginning to just ask me how it’s going. That accountability is a huge difference from the times before. This is the first time going to school that I had people to be accountable too. That seems to help so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment